Wednesday 12 March 2014

Pet



Pets. 
I used to have 2 pet turtles/ tortoises. 
I don't really know what are they but they look exactly like the picture above. 
They are a present from my ex-neighbour when I was 8. 
I named them Mickey and Minnie/ Donald and Daisy/ Tom and Jerry. 
I called them different names almost everyday because I didn't really know what to name them. 
Sadly, I didn't really care much about them. 
One day, one of them were GONE. 
I gone crazy searching it, thinking why and HOW THE SHIT IT ESCAPED. 
I suspected my uncle's pet dog ate it. 
And because one of them were missing, 
the other one depressed for a very long time, 
it refused to eat or drink, 
until My Mom had to give it away to a kindergarten. 
I cried like there is no tomorrow. 

So here am I, pet-less. 
Not exactly pet-less actually. 
My sisters have 4 pet hamsters - Lucy, Snowy, Hyper and Baby/ The Young One. 
I mean, who will name a pet 'The Young One'? 
So what happens when it gets old? 
'The Old One'? 
I don't know. And I don't really interact with the hamsters. 
I'm HIGHLY TERRIFY of them. 
Therefore, I am their 'distanced owner' I guess. 
I prefer sitting 5 feet away from their cage, 
observing them, calling their names although I can't differentiate who is who. 
They look the same. 
It's not like one looks like Scarlett Johansson and the other looks like Kim Kardashian. 
Hamsters look EXACTLY THE SAME.
I just can't figure it out why My Youngest Sister is able to tell who is who. 

Perhaps everything to me looks the same. 


I think I'm that human.

2 comments:

  1. I like the way your describe yourself as pet-less~ reading your blog is just like seeing you talking in real person~ totally miserable~

    ReplyDelete